On Tuesday, 1 December 2015 at 06:17:17 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
Due to a minor mix up at the end of an otherwise enjoyable process, I wasn't notified that 'Learning D' was released on Nov 27. Today, I finally got that notification. Despite there already being a thread on the topic here in this forum, please forgive me for taking the opportunity to make my "official" announcement :)

'Learning D' is available from the publisher's website[1], where a sample[2] can also be viewed for those who want to try before they buy. It's also available from Amazon[3].

Got "Learning D" as a present, still reading.

I must say I didn't expect to learn much after the D Cookbook or TDPL.
Wrong!

The content matches perfectly with the stuff I hadn't understood well enough.

Just like D it has a lot of value in small details, like "this" template parameters, detailing opEquals, details on align, DVM introduction... The chapter on Ranges is extremely helpful and should help overcome my "range anxiety". Other chapter are similarly thorough on Voldemort types or slices.

Really appreciate the attention to detail that went into it.