On Saturday, 26 December 2015 at 17:58:52 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:
On Tuesday, 1 December 2015 at 06:17:17 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
[...]

Got "Learning D" as a present, still reading.

I must say I didn't expect to learn much after the D Cookbook or TDPL.
Wrong!

The content matches perfectly with the stuff I hadn't understood well enough.

Just like D it has a lot of value in small details, like "this" template parameters, detailing opEquals, details on align, DVM introduction... The chapter on Ranges is extremely helpful and should help overcome my "range anxiety". Other chapter are similarly thorough on Voldemort types or slices.

Really appreciate the attention to detail that went into it.

This is a fantastic book - thanks very much to Mike for all the effort and attention he put into the book :) - I have learned a lot from it.