On Sunday, 27 December 2015 at 17:21:24 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

Thanks guys! That kind of feedback is a good Christmas present :)

I'm working through the book now. I'm liking it.

I'm on Chapter 9, which has the Connecting D with C material. At the beginning of the chapter you define some terms: dynamic vs. static linking, dynamic/static libraries, and dynamic/static binding. I think the way you explain these terms assumes that someone already has quite a bit of computing knowledge. I googled the dynamic/static library stuff and there are some simpler explanations online that I can understand. There's less material out there on dynamic/static bindings, the way you're talking about it. I think I get what you're saying about static bindings, but I'm not sure when you would want to use dynamic bindings.