On Saturday, 13 February 2016 at 20:45:41 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
Your scripts had bounds checking enabled for LDC but not the other two D compilers.

I strongly recommend people to always keep bounds checking enabled in real world programs because it is so useful in keeping programs sane. Specific parts of the code might disable it via `.ptr`, but the command line switch is dangerous and I can't recommend anyone to use it... ever.

We should run benchmarks with bounds checking enabled to better reflect real world results. Yes, it might "lose" to C, but we'll be the ones laughing when the C program crashes with yet another buffer overrun or when it's milliseconds in execution time lead to days of debug time and a multi-million dollar business loss when an unchecked pointer leads to a security breech.