On Sunday, 14 February 2016 at 17:43:01 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
On Sunday, 14 February 2016 at 17:38:54 UTC, artemalive wrote:
Hi Adam, I'll check the influence of enabled bounds check on benchmark result. Did not try this before.

If you do, then you should use bounds checks in C++ too. (STL container.at(index) )

Thanks, I'll take this into account.

At the moment I don't think bounds checking will be enabled.

I believe that real world usage when you have a render farm is to have the fastest code possible, because any performance penalty is too costly. When new rendering algorithm is developed sometimes we run infinite rendering with all debug/logic check enabled to find the bugs. There could be even dedicated computer for this. But for production when thousands of cores do the same ray processing the fastest code is needed.