On Tuesday, 12 April 2016 at 00:50:24 UTC, Jon D wrote:
Hi all,

I've open sourced a set of command line utilities for manipulating tab-separated value files. They are complementary to traditional unix tools like cut, grep, etc. They're useful for manipulating large data files. I use them when prepping files for R and similar tools. These tools were part of my 'explore D' programming exercises.

The tools are here: https://github.com/eBay/tsv-utils-dlang

They are likely of interest primarily to people regularly working with large files, though others might find the performance benchmarks of interest as well (included in the README).

I'd welcome any feedback, either on the apps or the code. Intention is that the code be reasonable example programs. And, I may write a blog post about my D explorations at some point, they'd be referenced in such an article.

--Jon

I rarely need TSV files, but I deal with CSV files every day.
- It would be nice to test your implementation against std.csv (it can use TAB as separator). Did you try to compare the two?