On Wednesday, 13 April 2016 at 17:01:33 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Wednesday, 13 April 2016 at 16:34:16 UTC, Jon D wrote:
Thanks Rory, Puming. I'll look into this and see how best to make it fit. I'm realizing also there's one additional capability it'd be nice to have in dub for tools like this, which in an option to install the executables somewhere that can be easily be put on the path. Still, even without this there'd be benefit to having them fetched via dub.

You don't need to put anything on path to run utils from dub packages. `dub run` will take care of setting necessary envionment (without messing with the system):

dub fetch package_with_apps
dub run package_with_apps:app1 --flags args

These are command line utilities, along the lines of unix 'cut', 'grep', etc, intended to be used as part of unix pipeline. It'd be less convenient to be invoking them via dub. They really should be on the path themselves.