On Wednesday, 25 May 2016 at 23:21:09 UTC, Seb wrote:
On Wednesday, 25 May 2016 at 22:52:44 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Wednesday, 25 May 2016 at 22:19:28 UTC, Seb wrote:
is that people love to collect and build their own ecosystem, but it would be a lot better if for a specific use-case there's a great dub package or it's part of Phobos.

I, and I'm pretty sure Vladimir too, have been writing these libs since looooong before dub was conceived and even before anybody took Phobos seriously.

Yes, and they are great. However now we have dub and a "serious" standard library ;-)

It's really easy to use Adam's libraries. You copy a single file into the directory, add an import to your program, and you're done. With Dub you're fiddling around with config files using a format that's not even properly documented. It's fine if you like Dub, the nice thing about open source is choice, but I wish the constant push to get everything into Dub would end.