On Wednesday, 8 June 2016 at 13:27:31 UTC, burjui wrote:
That reason alone is enough. Restricting DUB special comments to only /++/ will put users off, because now they know that there's a cool feature in DUB, but it only works with certain types of comments, that nobody wants to remember (why should they?), so they will decide that this feature is either broken or unfinished and will hardly use it at all.

We could make users' lives easier, if we allowed them to just specify the dependencies in Gradle style on a single line:

#!/usr/bin/env dub
// dependencies: "color:~>0.0.3", "vibe.d:~>0.7.28"

I don't understand this argument. There are two options: /++/ and /**/. If a user can't remember which one it is, it's a matter of a few seconds to find out. With all the things we need to remember about a language when programming, I hardly think something of this nature is going to put anyone off. And if they *are* put off by it, they've got bigger issues than trying to remember which comment style to use.
  • Re: Beta release DUB 1.0.0... Luis via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Beta release DUB 1.0.0... Marc Schütz via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Beta release DUB ... Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: Beta release ... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Beta rele... Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: Beta ... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... burjui via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce