On 7 September 2016 at 13:29, WebFreak001 via Digitalmars-d-announce
<digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 7 September 2016 at 02:04:21 UTC, Manu wrote:
>> Awesome work, thanks again!
>> Suggest getting the deb hosted in d-apt along with the other tools
>> already there, and set them as dependencies?
> would probably be nice, but I have no idea how package maintaining for apt
> really works. I am not quite sure how to make an i386 package, I only made
> an amd64 one. The script for generating the apt file is in makedeb.d if you
> want to check it. I'm surprised it even works because I haven't tested it
> once.
> But I guess I can manage adding dependencies. Just not really sure if I also
> need to make an i386 package or other architectures

So, the 'normal' way is to create a debian source package, which
effectively contains code and build instructions, and then generate a
matrix of binary deb's from that. *buntu users would just put that on
LaunchPad, which will populate the build matrix for your PPA
d-apt is not a PPA though, so maybe it would be simplest for you to
contact the maintainer of d-apt and ask his advice. It might just
slide into his scripts without requiring any additional effort on your