1. Why your company uses  D?

  a. D is the best
  b. We like D
  c. I like D and my company allowed me to use D
  d. My head like D
  e. Because marketing reasons
f. Because my company can be more efficient with D for some tasks then with any other system language

2. Does your company uses C/C++, Java, Scala, Go, Rust?

3. If yes, what the reasons to do not use D instead?

2. Have you use one of the following Mir projects in production:

  a. https://github.com/libmir/mir
  b. https://github.com/libmir/mir-algorithm
  c. https://github.com/libmir/mir-cpuid
  d. https://github.com/libmir/mir-random
  e. https://github.com/libmir/dcv - D Computer Vision Library
  f. std.experimental.ndslice

3. If Yes, can Mir community use your company's logo in a section "Used by" or similar.

4. Have you use one of the following Tamedia projects in your production:

  a. https://github.com/tamediadigital/asdf
  b. https://github.com/tamediadigital/je
  c. https://github.com/tamediadigital/lincount

5. What D misses to be commercially successful languages?

6. Why many topnotch system projects use C programming language nowadays?

=========================

All my current D project are finished. Probably I will use other languages for production this year, Java/Go/whatever. Mir libraries are amazing and good quality. If you use them this would be a good motivation for us to improve the docs and provide regular updates. Plus, it can be enchanted during the GSoC 2017.

Thanks,
Ilya

  • Questionnaire Ilya Yaroshenko via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Questionnaire Ilya Yaroshenko via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Questionnaire Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • two points Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: two po... Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: tw... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • R... evilrat via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • R... Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • R... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d-announce