On 2/8/2017 11:09 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
I fixed an issue where "///"-style doc comments resulted in excessive paragraph
breaks...must've been over a year ago. Simple fix for a nagging bug. The fix
worked. Caused no problems. No controversy. And to this day, just went
completely ignored despite my periodic nagging about it. Eventually got tired
wasting my time babysitting the constant need for rebasing and manual merge
fixes just for something that proved guaranteed to be ignored. And any PRs I
have managed to get through were all uphill battles the whole way.

The PR in question:

  https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/4745

It took me a while to find it, because you were using a pseudonym that I did not recognize. There are a number of frequent contributors to D using pseudonyms, and all have this issue with varying degrees.

I do not understand using pseudonyms on github. It can hardly be a privacy issue, as github doesn't hide your name. But it definitely impedes your "brand", i.e. your reputation, as it becomes divided in two. Github does not provide a "reverse phone book" where I can search for a PR under your name, nor does it provide any sort of cross reference. Searching (via github) the dmd repository for your name turns up nothing.

I found it by searching the notification emails I get from github, which ironically are sent using your name rather than Abscissa (further confusing matters).

I suppose I could write a cheat sheet and tape it to the wall of my office, but why not just use your name?

  • Questionnaire Ilya Yaroshenko via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Questionnaire Ilya Yaroshenko via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Questionnaire Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • two points Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: two po... Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: tw... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • R... evilrat via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • R... Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • R... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Jon Degenhardt via Digitalmars-d-announce