On 2017-06-03 23:44, extrawurst wrote:
On Saturday, 3 June 2017 at 17:30:05 UTC, Jakub Szewczyk wrote:
Mono runtime is a cross-platform, open-source alternative to
Microsoft's .NET framework [1], and it can be embedded in other
applications as a "scripting" VM, but with JIT-compilation enhanced
performance and support of many languages such as C#, F# or IronPython
[2].
It provides a C API, so I've bound it to D as a Derelict-based
project, available at https://github.com/kubasz/derelict-mono, and as
a DUB package (http://code.dlang.org/packages/derelict-mono). It
currently wraps the Mono 5.0 API.
There's also a simple example of calling a C# main from D code, and C#
code calling a native function implemented in D.

[...]

Cool work! Thanks! Did u use dstep for the translation or manual labor?

I'm guessing no, since these bindings are using function pointers while DStep will translate function declarations to function declarations in D as well, not function pointers.

--
/Jacob Carlborg