Hi all,

Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2018 is about to start soon [1] (the application period for organizations is in January 2018). Hence, I would very happy about any project ideas you have or projects which are important to you. And, of course, if you would be willing to mentor a student, please don't forget to tell me. You can always reach me via mail (seb [at] wilzba [dot] ch) or on Slack (dlang.slack.com). There's also a special #gsoc channel.

I have also started to work over the ideas from last year [2], but this page is currently WIP.

@Students: if you have any questions or maybe have an idea for a project yourself, please feel free to contact me. I'm more than happy to help!

I am looking forward to hearing (1) what you think can be done in three months by a student and (2) will have a huge impact on the D ecosystem.

Cheers,

Seb

[1] https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline
[2] https://wiki.dlang.org/GSOC_2018_Ideas