On Friday, 8 December 2017 at 00:28:11 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
The 2016 student started playing around with a type-based pooling collector.

I actually ran with this idea and wrote a garbage collector from scratch for an independent study at my university. I haven't made much noise about it since I didn't have time to get it to pass all tests, but it had performance about on par with the current GC and it has a precise heap like in the open PR's.

I'm going to continue working on it in the spring, so who knows what'll happen? I would submit a proposal to continue working on it during the summer, but I don't think I can participate in another GSoC (I graduate as the summer starts).