On Friday, 23 February 2018 at 00:41:58 UTC, psychoticRabbit wrote:
On Friday, 23 February 2018 at 00:05:59 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
Isn't that an argument?

Of course it is :).
I tried to list the arguments I found in the thread and replied to them, trying to lead a proper discussion.

- why not X instead

Aren't alternative ideas welcome?

Yes they are. There was quite some chances to bring them up, maybe this needs more room for comments.

Go for it and try to find a consensus. I don't think the issue is big enough to warrant a huge design and bikeshedding discussion.
Some don't agree with you.

The price of discussing syntax, introducing an alternative (e.g. `import std.algorithm : { find, findSplit }`, and rewriting most D code is quite high.

That's your opinion.

Yes, and it's an opinion that isn't reflected in the thread.

You seem overly eager to save some typing, and the expense of comprehension. I don't get it. That's what bring programming languages into disrepute.

Reread what I wrote, you'll find that I make a distinction between scripting/hacking and programming.

This doesn't seem that trivial based on the discussion.

It said seemed, so it might have been a wrong assessment.
But I still think we have quite heavy topics on our plate, @nogc, @safe, phobos quality, dub infrastructure and this still seems like a very tiny change to me.

Also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_triviality, because this is certainly easier to grasp than https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/1282 (https://forum.dlang.org/post/mjsma6$196h$1...@digitalmars.com) for which getting feedback is extremely tedious.

I've learnt a lot from looking at imports used.

Interesting, you have a good example?