Throw everything we can this dude's way so we can make D the most powerful we can

We need pattern matching, we need typeclasses, we need HKT's, we need linear types, we need @nogc Phobos, we need concurrency so fearless I can change any variable and not give two shits

Personally I don't really NEED pattern matching, typeclasses, etc

That would be nice, but personally that wouldn't prevent me from getting the job done.

But indeed, being able use D in a GC-free environment (like C++ and Rust do) would be something many people may NEED, for instance to be able to EASILY use D for soft-realtime applications like games.

So being able to add a "-nogc" flag to the DMD compiler and use a minimal Phobos-like library (strings, arrays, lists, maps and other collections, file system functions, etc) which use EXCLUSIVELY reference counted memory block accessed through strong/weak references and pointers (T@, T&, T*) would be nice.

Not an implementation like the one in the standard library of C++, which is maybe safe but not especially efficient or user friendly, but preferably something closer to this :

https://github.com/senselogic/BASE/tree/master/CODE/COUNTED

And being able to DIRECTLY use D with REAL Go-like ease of use and performance (http components, fibers and channels using both concurrency and parallelism) to implement web frameworks and online services is also something many people may NEED.