On 1/16/19 11:43 AM, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:
On Wednesday, 16 January 2019 at 16:30:17 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On 1/16/19 10:06 AM, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:

I'm waiting, for example, for a revamp of IO, just to start...

We're working on it...

https://github.com/schveiguy/iopipe
https://github.com/MartinNowak/io

I was exactly referring to that two... they are great, and I've used both!
Despite that, they seem stalled: any plan to go ahead in the medium term?

Slowly... Sorry, it's not my day job to improve these :)

But I am working currently on an http client using iopipe (https://github.com/schveiguy/httpiopipe) and improving/releasing the json parser that I wrote for my talk 2 years ago (https://github.com/schveiguy/jsoniopipe).

Hint: I hope to have a working REST client soon.

I also have a library that's stalled, but I have to pick it up again in order to deal with parsing using ranges (not yet published).

I think in order to make this more palatable, though, we really do need to focus on the io base with some sort of async fiber-based driver.

Thanks for your work (and to Martin too)

You're welcome! Thanks for the kind words. It's actually one of the more fun projects I have worked on.

-Steve