On Friday, 22 May 2020 at 14:37:04 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
On Friday, 22 May 2020 at 13:57:27 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
[...]

I think the source of the problem is that Walter's DIPs require the community to prove that Walter's proposal is so bad that he needs to reject it. Anyone else's proposal has to prove that it's worthy of being added to the language. There's a big perceived gap between those two. As I've said many times, it's odd for someone to judge his own DIPs, and as someone that is an academic administrator and runs a high-profile journal, I can say this type of practice is not the norm in those areas because it doesn't lead to good decisions.

I could have rejected it, and nearly did.