On Wednesday, 31 July 2019 at 20:04:39 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
n 07/31/2019 12:05 PM, Paul Backus wrote:

> I would not recommend D as a beginning language, both because
there are
> fewer beginner-oriented resources available for it than for C
and Python
> (the only one I know of is Ali Çehreli's book [1]), and
because it's a
> bigger, more complicated language.
>
> [1] http://www.ddili.org/ders/d.en/index.html

Ali here... :) Thanks for the link and I agree that D is much larger than C. At least for that reason, learning C first or on the side would still be good for the OP.

Regarding "Programming in D", although it covers most[1] of the language, it specifically targets beginners; so, it may not be too difficult for the OP. Just give it a try... :)

Ali
[1] Unfortunately, copy constructors and some of the other recent features are still missing.

I am considering reading your book + Andrei's book + documentation on the site. That would be my plan to learn D. Good job with your book btw, I enjoyed a lot the parts I've read.