On Friday, 27 September 2019 at 22:40:14 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Friday, 27 September 2019 at 22:13:43 UTC, matheus wrote:
https://github.com/adamdruppe/arsd/blob/b0d21de148ef0b23ea845be322af5e6931ca4cb6/screen.d

I really should just remove that file as it is no longer well maintained. I haven't used it for anything in years and doubt anyone else is either.

He's using the simpledisplay.d lib which DOES NOT SUPPORT transparency in its drawImage function. It does NOT use opengl functions and are not compatible with them.

To do opengl stuff with simpledisplay, there is a separate flow. You use opengl functions on a redraw scene delegate instead of using any of the Image or Painter objects. It is quite different and there is no easy fix on that end.

but the gdi+ functions in sdpy MIGHT be able to be ported to alpha blend on Windows easily enough. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Ahhh, that clears everything up. I will then leave the program without the transparency and wait until you get around to implement the fixes to it, I am not a developer, I am a scientist, I only use libraries, I don't know how to make them properly.