On Friday, 16 September 2016 at 15:45:36 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
I'm not sure it's good to compare ddoc to Wikipedia. If I want to output documentation from a .d file, I don't want to go through a process like that.

It is again simple with my program: `adrdox yourfile.d`. It renders the latex to an image then embeds it in the html as a data uri (and the original latex source as the alt attribute which enables any fallback you can imagine).

With my thing, yes, the latex and dvipng programs need to be installed and available for an `executeShell` call... but that's not too hard, it was preinstalled on my linux anyway (and if it fails, it falls back to outputting the source anyway soooo it could still be used my mathjax i suppose).

It isn't really a difficult process and it is only 62 lines of code in my doc gen source. I don't do as much validation as Wikipedia but even if it were to, it'd just be a larger source file, no real trouble for the end user.

This isn't really a difficult problem!