On Tuesday, 13 March 2018 at 12:39:24 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
Hi, folks!

I’m testing waters for a D course at one University for first time it’ll be an optional thing. It’s still discussed but may very well become a reality.

Before you ask - no, I’m not lecturing and in fact, I didn’t suggest D in the first place! Academics are finally seeing light in the gloom of 1 year OOP in C++ course having underwhelming results.

Now to the point, I remeber Chuck Allison (pardon if I misspelled) doing D lectures at Utah Valley University, here:
https://dconf.org/2014/talks/allison.html

There is also Ali’s book. But anything else easily adoptable as course material?

—
Dmitry Olshansky

Honestly I'd recommend TDPL. It's got a lot of good real-world examples, including some OOP ones, but more importantly examples that demonstrate concurrent programming, generic programming, procedural, and I think a few functional examples as well. Basically, it covers a very broad area in one book while also teaching you D.