On Friday, 24 August 2018 at 12:25:58 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:
On Wednesday, 22 August 2018 at 11:59:37 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:
Just found by chance, if someone is interested [1] [2].

/Paolo

After having seen all the discussions around Mihails post in these days, I'm puzzled by one fact.

There was no discussions around one paragraph:

"You can't assume there is any control over how declared vision documents get executed in practice. You can't trust any promises from language authors because they don't keep any track of those."

I think that this is one of the central points of the post, so why?

/Paolo

I think I touched it indirectly. There is every time "the feature" that will make D most popular language in the world, be it safety (which will kill C) or betterC (which will kill C?), RC instead of GC or whatever. A lot of work is done, but after some time everyone loses interest and the written code becomes a mess. Look how are Phobos containers implemented, there is no consistent memory model.