On Friday, 24 August 2018 at 16:00:10 UTC, bachmeier wrote:

You simply can't share a D program with anyone else. It's an endless cycle of compiler upgrades and figuring out how to fix code that stops compiling. It doesn't work for those of us that are busy. Why there is not a stable branch with releases once a year is quite puzzling. (And no, "just use the old compiler" is not an answer.)

...hmm...I can't recall anyone ever suggesting to have a stable branch. It's a good idea.

That being said, I see forward progress on reducing breakage. The CI infrastructure has improved a lot and there are a number of dub projects that also get checked.