On Friday, 24 August 2018 at 13:04:28 UTC, Chris wrote:
I've been working with Java recently and although it is not an exciting language, it does the job and it does it well. You can rely on it to get the job done - and get it done fast. And you know that your code will still work next week, month or in 5 years. In everyday programming life you don't care about the latest fancy features. Imo, D should slow down, take inventory, do some spring cleaning and work on useful libraries and a sound ecosystem. I don't care what color the bike shed is as long as there are bikes in there that actually work.

Atm, I'm not considering D for any important and or big projects.

There is exactly where I am - I am using Java (and more recently Python) for serious stuff.

I am however in favour of D moving fast (that is why many Java programmers moved to Kotlin/Scala!). The only problem with D is that there should be stable release of D2 (two times a year, like Fedora for an example), and this stable release gets only security updates and bug-fixes!

I know this would require someone to maintain all this (it is a full-time job!)...