On Nov 19, 2007 12:26 PM, Jack Moffett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I can't imagine
> enjoying sitting down with it as much as I do a book made of paper,
> but then, once you get into the story, maybe the object you are
> holding doesn't matter so much.

These first (eh, second) generation devices are something of a
"horseless carriage" -- the form factor is determined less by the
purpose of the device (getting knowledge from one brain to another)
than by the fact that people have been comfortable with books for
hundreds of years.

We'll eventually move from the book form factor onto something that
leverages the technology more effectively. (I'm sure the first bound
books must have felt weird to people used to reading off scrolls.)

Cheers,

-- Jorge