> If it aint super broke, why charge $400 to fix it?

With regard to the environment, the printing process, ink, paper, bleaching
the paper, etc., is hugely wasteful. The production of a device is wasteful
as well, but in theory, you can reuse it for years without any new damage to
the environment. Of course, it has yet to be determined how much better it
is, what with people potentially dropping and replacing the devices often
enough that it ends up not being better at all.

I'm dedicating part of the proceeds of my next book to purchasing carbon
offsets for the production process and raw materials used. My book will be
green. Though, it will likely have a white cover. ;)

-r-