Lucy, I'm glad you brought up the issue of psych.  I actually arrived on
Planet IxD via psych/computer science (after my basic training as a
mechanical engineer).  I have always thought of IxD as being driven first by
psych/social psych/anthropology and only then by the visual arts.  A year
and a half ago I met a talented young psych undergrad who loved designing
websites (to pay his way) but had never heard of IxD.  I grabbed him by both
shoulders, put him through a couple of courses, and now he is in a great
grad school program pursuing an HCI degree.
- murli

--
murli nagasundaram, ph.d. | www.murli.com |  [EMAIL PROTECTED] | +91 99 02 69
69 20