Hi Everyone --

I am having a bit of a terminology problem within my company. Most of the
product people and developers like to refer to our users as
"unsophisticated" (a euphemism for dumb). My understanding of the majority
of our users is that they are generally of a lower socio-economic level and
so don't have regular access or extensive experience online.

I mentioned this to the director of product and he asked me to come up with
a different terminology for our segment of users, as we wish to expand to
the more affluent and internet savvy segment.

I am not sure what would be a good terminology for our "unsophisticated"
users? Do you think personas would help in this situation?

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Alla