There's nothing necessarily wrong with the term "unsophisticated,"
though "new" or "novice" might be more neutral. However, it sounds as if
the developers & product folks in your organization have a specific
perception of the typical end-user that no new phrase is going to
change. If it's important to build empathy within your organization for
this group of end users (and it usually is), then there's more to it
than simply changing the name.

There's a long history of changing the names of negatively perceived
groups that has no effect on the negative perception -- the negativity
eventually infiltrates the new name and you're stuck where you were
before. The only solution is to address the perception itself.

-Sarah