>  It works like this:

Anyone can sue you for anything. The opposing lawyer's job is to make
your life as miserable as possible. Heck, they will try to go on a
fishing trip even if you were not involved in the design at all. This
is news to you? They can go through your corporate email, all manner
of correspondence or, if warranted, through your PC and hard disks at
work or otherwise. This isn't news either and it shouldn't be if you
decided to work in a corporation.

> I am completely sympathetic to the
> what-you-don't-know-can't-be-made-into-incuplatory-evidence train of thinking.

Therein lies the issue: "what-you-don't-know". Not being on a mailing
list that once in a clear blue sky may reference patents is no proof
that "you-don't-know". There are many other ways that you
"get-to-know." And my friend if you recuse yourself from all the
places that you can learn something, you'd be left so far behind in
your profession that I don't know why you'd bother coming into the
office.

And again, excepting specific cases of reverse engineer where allowed,
designing stuff by burying one's head in the sand only to come up for
air after the deed is done to see if anyone will sue is just not smart
business. Patents are public for a reason.

> Please show some courtesy.

I would when your corporate convenience doesn't trample upon the right
of others to discuss issues they deem important, and when the
arrogance with which this has been presented here is reconsidered.

--
Kontra
http://counternotions.com