Ironically,  we over at army.mil are putting a greater focus on UX, if
taking a non-optimal approach.

They know they need better usability but they are weary about where
to get it. Tomorrow, I will be giving a demo/presentation on IxD in
specific to our parent company. I'll be doing the classic ATM
example design as a way to show them the power of IxD.

I'm also going to preface that demo with a presentation about where
IxD should fit into the plan and why. Using House/Sky Scraper
construction as a metaphor. IE, That you can get away with not having
a dedicated architect or any at all and still have a working house. It
would be better with an architect but it still would work. Meanwhile,
you can't build a sky scraper without an architect, without a team
of them, or it will fail at best and fall down at worst.

The Developers are the builders, masons, carpenters, and
electricians. The graphic designers are the interior decorators, and
landscapers. But the missing piece in most software is the IxD, who
is the architect.

I'll also delve into the difference between Goals and Tasks/Features
some as well.

Anyway, If you, Matt, would like to talk to me more about what we are
attempting to do, I'd be glad to. But I'll be a lot more free to
talk details sometime next year.

That said, we ARE looking for a UI designer. He would be making
buttons and creating JS widgets, not an IxD. But if that job were
filled with someone who was prepared to advocate IxD... Just Imagine.

I can get details for anyone interested in that.

Will