Are there any standard to have labels about the input necessarily. Shouldn't
placement of labels and input fields depend on length, type and other
parameters of a form?
If you are talking of Haiti...
form<https://american.redcross.org/site/Donation2?idb=36705611&df_id=4437&4437.donation=form1&JServSessionIdr004=4jmrp9huq1.app234a>,
use of standard terminology is good & preferable. Standard terminology
should be adapted throughout the site, not only in the form. But I don't
think there use of 'gifts/donations' in contest of the form creates any
confusion. Rather use of 'gifts' may be appropriate at places in terms of
covering larger set than donations.

Abhishek