Great idea, but I guess I would have to ask if anyone at these
organizations even has time to manage and implement a new form on
their sites at a time like this. I imagine that they're completely
overwhelmed by this crisis.

I agree that the "interfaceless" option is probably the best under the
circumstances.

Has anyone considered helping orgs that don't have mobile giving?
Partners in Health is a great organization that has been involved in
helping Haiti for the last 20 years, has people and hospitals on the
ground right now, and yet they don't seem to have donations-by-texting
in place. It would be great if someone would help them (and
organizations like them) have the same access to this sort of thing as
the Red Cross seems to have.

Just thinking of the shortest distance between two points.

2cents,

-Anne

Anne Hjortshoj | anne...@gmail.com | www.annehj.com | Skype: anne-hj