peter;331927 Wrote:
> Phil Leigh wrote:
> > I have to agree - Moose is about as easy to install as it gets! -
> > literally one click to extract that zip file - and it's done.
>
> Last time I tried (a while ago, I admit) I had to install a mysql
> library first and jump thru hoops to get it to connect to the mysql
> server IIRC (my SC/mysql server's on a different machine as it should
> be). Shipping windows programs in zip files is of course horribly
> primitive. Wrap the thing in Inno Setup (
> http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php ) to save your users the trouble
> and to do things the way they were intended on Windows (with a proper
> uninstall option).
>
> Regards,
> Peter

Totally disagree.  Moose is one file without an installer.  It doesn't
do anyting that you don't see (adding things to your windows system
directory etc).  It's like the old dos days. You want to get rid of it,
you just delete the folder that you put it in.  Zip is primative?
Simple maybe and most anyone is familiar with it.  I like programs that
don't add files everywhere and that you know what is what.  Unless you
have trouble making a folder it's much simpler.  Make a folder called
Moose.  Unzip to that folder.  Run moose.exe.  Simple.  It then makes
it's own database file in that folder to speed things up.  The newest
version is very good.  It's not perfect but just very good.  I run it
on my laptop and my library is on an external hd connected to my
desktop.  It has never been a problem.  You probably need to try it
again.  It has changed quite a bit from the first one I tried.

--
Nonreality

-IF THE RULE YOU FOLLOWED BROUGHT YOU TO THIS, OF WHAT USE IS THE RULE.-

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality