peter;331927 Wrote:
> Phil Leigh wrote:
> > I have to agree - Moose is about as easy to install as it gets! -
> > literally one click to extract that zip file - and it's done.
>
> Last time I tried (a while ago, I admit) I had to install a mysql
> library first and jump thru hoops to get it to connect to the mysql
> server IIRC (my SC/mysql server's on a different machine as it should
> be). Shipping windows programs in zip files is of course horribly
> primitive. Wrap the thing in Inno Setup (
> http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php ) to save your users the trouble
> and to do things the way they were intended on Windows (with a proper
> uninstall option).
>
> Regards,
> Peter

With the recent versions of Moose the only "installation" difficulty
that an average user "might" find is to open the default port (9092) in
the firewall of remote server.  The days of having to edit the my.tt
file in mysql folder are long gone. Moose does not modify or replace
any the configuration files in the host computer. It is as simple as it
can get. As I mentioned before, there is plenty of room for Moose
enhacements, but installation is not one of them. As far as I can tell,
Moose is a "one-man" show. If Moose was in the hands of a small
development "team", more enhancement could be added in a shorter period
of time.

--
tamanaco