MrSinatra;357815 Wrote:

> tell me, whats a "legal" war?

Well there is a thing called the geneva convention, but you have a good
point regarding international law and it's abstractness. However, there
is a difference when you start a war on a country that has not attacked
you.

MrSinatra;357815 Wrote:

> saddam broke the terms of the 91 armistice, that made what we did
> "legal" at least in terms of the armistice.

Two wrongs dont make a right.

MrSinatra;357815 Wrote:

> as to the wmds, which is it? is bush a master-criminal villain who
> duped the world for his own gain, or is he the idiot who can't speak
> properly and bumbled it all?

Bit of both, but when i say 'Bush' i also mean the people behind him
who have the real control. Are you saying that US companies, including
ones that the Bush administration with huge stakes, did not stand to
make a lot of cash?

MrSinatra;357815 Wrote:

> frankly, its all rather moot now.

Is it?! We are still at war, no?

MrSinatra;357815 Wrote:
> whatever anyone thought, getting rid of saddam is a great thing and
> establishing a democracy in the arab world, the first one at that, is
> also a great thing.

It would be, but as lovely as it sounds, it wont  ever happen. Even if
it means that another 1,000,000 people must die before we realise.
Thats a fundamental mistake the Bush (and British) administration made,
they totally misunderstood the culture and religious fabric of that part
of the world (and why the thought of Sarah Palin, who thinks Africa is a
country was so scary) OR it's an excuse to excursive more power and
influence (i suspect a bit of both). But it will never happen. We will
never bomb away thousands of years of deeply routed religion and
culture, democracy is beautiful but totally incompatible with that part
of the world. Any idea that we have restored some real and long term
democracy to Iraq is a complete illusion.

--
autopilot

*Lounge  :* Squeezebox Classic -> Cambridge Audio Azur 640a -> Mission
701's.
*Bedroom :* Squeezebox Receiver -> Trends TA10.1 Class-T -> Kef Cresta
1's
*Office  :* Softsqueeze -> Logitech Active 5.1's.
*Kitchen :* Squeezebox Boom -coming soon-
*Roaming : * Squeezebox Controller -> Logitech mm28 portable speakers /
Shure E2c's
*Controllers :* Squeezebox Controller x 2 + Logitech Harmony one
*Server  :* SC7.3b (Vista 64) + AlienBBC, iPlayer & MusicIP headless.

'LAST.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/domrevans/)