pippin;358132 Wrote:
> Well, when you betray the very ideals you claim to promote and lie about
> your motivations for a war, what do you expect?
>
> Face it, US foreign policy has been largely opportunistic after WW2.

thats nonsense.  we defeated communism, and protected you, wherever you
are.

pippin;358132 Wrote:
> It had no problem to fight democratically elected governments when they
> leaned to the left and to support even the ugliest dictators when they
> leaned to the right. In the case of Saddam, George Bush sen. did this
> even personally.

give me an example of a "Democratic" gov't we opposed simply b/c it
leaned left?

as to saddam, he didn't lean left or right, he was a dictator we used
during the cold war.  sometimes you have to make hard choices.

pippin;358132 Wrote:
> When the US went to war in Afghanistan, it had the entire world behind
> it because everybody understood why they fought, they had a plan plus
> local support.

that isn't true.  i bet there are people in this very thread who are
against us being there.  code pink calls it an "illegal war."  there is
opposition to it, and part of it comes from the lack of recognition that
the gov't there (taliban) and the terrorists there were more than
simpatico.

pippin;358132 Wrote:
> In Iraq the Motivation was fake (Saddam while being one of those ugly
> dictators had nothing to do with islamist terrorism), the legal
> groundwork was made up (WMD) and the person they sought to install as
> an interim president was dubious at best.

again, not true.  i keep saying it and you keep ignoring it.
armistice, 91.

the WMDs were inventoried by the UN.  they are still unaccounted for
today.

if 9/11 had not happened, i don't think we would have worried that much
about those WMDs.  but it did and so bush took us in.  i'm not saying i
would have done that, but i can understand why he did.  not finding
them however is hardly surprising, and certainly doesn't make it
"illegal."

pippin;358132 Wrote:
> Act as you talk and you get respect, do the opposite and you don't. It's
> actually that simple.

maybe we wouldn't have to talk or act so much if the other countries of
the world did ANYTHING.

tell me, what is Germany doing in afghanistan?  answer, BALKING.  nada,
nothing, very very little, and ZERO in the combat zones.

--
MrSinatra

www.LION-Radio.org
Using:
Squeezebox2 (primary) / SBR (secondary) / SBC - w/SC 7.3b - Win XP Pro
SP3 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram - D-Link DIR-655