I just bought a Channel Islands VDA-2/VAC-1 (external DAC + power
supply) combo to try on my SB3 and right around the time that I had
gotten everything connected, my Squeezebox told me that it had trouble
connecting to Squeezecenter.  It was doing fine just minutes before
this.  I tried futilely to get it to reconnect -- resetting my network
settings in the unit, rebooting my router, restarting Squeezecenter,
trying to connect to my ReadyNAS SqueezeCenter installation, etc.  It
would either connect for a few seconds, lock up, then give me the same
error message, or fail to connect at all.  What's weird is that 1) the
Squeezebox for the most part did not appear to have trouble connecting
to my network and 2) my laptop had no problems at all during this time
(I was remoting into my main PC where the Squeezecenter installation
was, and the connection never had any problems).

The only thing that had changed was the addition of the VDA-2/VAC-1,
which was sitting on the shelf above the SB.  I unplugged the power cord
in the VAC-1, and oddly enough, I was able to get the SB to reconnect to
my Squeezecenter!  When I plugged it back in, the Squeezebox seemed to
run into problems again but if I moved the VDA-2/VAC-1 around on its
shelf everything would start working fine again.  Not sure if this is a
weird coincidence or not.

This was on Saturday.  Since then I've run into a couple other
situations where I had connectivity issues, but disconnecting the
VDA-2/VAC-1 didn't seem to do anything to help.  Yesterday, I could only
get the Squeezebox to reconnect by completely unplugging it, and then
plugging it back in again.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with DACs/power supplies?
It doesn't seem to make sense because if it was really interfering with
the wireless network, you would think that the SB wouldn't be able to
connect to my network entirely.  Is my SB on the fritz?  Or could it be
something with SqueezeCenter that just happened to manifest around the
same time?

--
dekaliber