radish;449878 Wrote:
> Or it was tested properly, the bugs were found, but someone said
> "release it anyway". I'm not saying that happened in this case, but it
> happens all the time with software releases (and is often justifiable to
> be honest). There are always bugs, it comes down to what you consider a
> show stopper.

I've seen that happen too.  And yes, All Software Has Bugs!  Usually
though, there are release notes that will list any known issues that are
currently being worked on.  That's the way we used to handle it where I
used to work.

If Logitech is releasing product with full knowledge that significant
issues exist, I think it would be a smart move on their part to do
something similar by issuing release notes.

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 3 Booms, 1 duet, 1 receiver.  SuSE 11.0 Server running
SqueezeCenter 7.3.3, MusicIP, and SqueezeSlave.
Current library stats: 27,698 songs, 2,304 albums, 439 artists.
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior
Looking forward to new Porcupine Tree, Megadeth, Alice in Chains, and
The Beatles Box set.  September will be an expensive month :-)