Very interesting original post.  I am getting unsatisfactory wireless
performance from my Squeezebox Boom.  I heard that the Boom's wireless
was not the greatest but I also have a pretty old microwave that may be
interfering.  If I understand correctly, it might be advantageous for me
to replace my somewhat old WRT54G v8 Linksys router with, let's say, a
more modern dual-band router with which I could have the boom by itself
on one band and my other stuff on the other band.  Would that help or
would it be a waste of time (and money)?

--
dSly