Porschefan;571558 Wrote:

> I installed Squeezeplay on my main desktop which is also running SBS
> ...   The audio quality, however, really suffered.
You might try squeezeslave. It runs in a DOS window (or as a service on
XP - possibly on v and 7).
One interesting thing about squeezeslave is that there's an ASIO
version - this outputs directly to an ASIO sound device and doesn't go
through Window's "direct sound" mixer.
IMO, the easiest /cheapest way to get an ASIO sound device is a
Behringer UCA202, which connects via USB and has RCA stereo and SPDIF
outputs.

You should be able to use the standard squeezeslave, though, and not
get suffering sound. Maybe think about ASIO as an upgrade. The UCA's
around $30.

--
bobkoure