Ron Olsen;657614 Wrote:
> I'm glad you are not having problems with embedded art. No need to
> change anything if it's working as is.
>
> However, other users have had problems traceable to embedded art, and
> may benefit by removing it.
>
> I run on VortexBox 1.10, and use its built-in software to mirror my
> FLAC library to mp3.
>
> I do NOT embed art in the FLAC files, and use a cover.jpg fike in each
> album directory.
>
> I have the mp3 mirror embed the cover.jpg in each mp3 file, however.
> I then add these mp3s to my iTunes library (running on a Mac).
>
> So while there is no need to have cover art embedded in files managed
> by SBS, there certainly is reason to embed art in files managed by
> iTunes.

+1, I've removed embedded art from my FLACs, but still use embedded art
in my mirror mp3 files for the iphone/ipods.

p.s. mnyb, I never actually had a single problem with embedded art in
my FLACs in any version of SbS I've used, including 7.6.1.

--
garym

System 1: Vortexbox Appliance (1.10) > SbS 7.6.1 > Transporter, Touch,
Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
System 2: Win7(64) laptop > SbS 7.6.1 > Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio and laptop)
Retired: SB3, Duet Receiver
Controlled at both locations with: iPhone (iPeng), iPad (iPengHD &
SqueezePad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.6 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Additional Tagging - mp3tag