netchord;665885 Wrote:
> correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe the transporter does not support
> HW decoding for alac.  for this reason, and because i use iTunes for
> library management, i've kept my library as AIFF.  sure, takes up more
> space, but hard drives are cheap.
>
> the other reason being i can hear the difference between alac coverted
> to flac on the server, and native aiff playback.  i assume there is no
> firmware upgrade possible for the transporter that would provide HW
> decoding for alac.
>
> that said, i'm no longer using the analog outputs on the transporter-
> it now connects digitally to a meridian G61 processor.   i suppose i
> should do some listening to see if there's still an audible difference
> between aiff/alac in my system.

I recomend that, I have a G68 It is very source agnostic if it can lock
and dejitter and process it's done :) if you also use the RC and some
digital speakers there are several layers of buffering resampling
jitter removing processing and whatnot

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(in storage SB3, reciever )