tonyptony;666319 Wrote:
> Yeah, the more I look at the size the more an iSomething looks fine as a
> remote, but maybe not so good as an armchair browser. Even the 7"
> Androids are a bit more money than a used iTouch, though, and there are
> so many of them. I read the reviews on Cnet; seems like they vary a bit
> in price and features.

maybe a used ipad-1, with wifi only would be fairly cheap by now....  I
must say that my ipad2 is the perfect remote AND is fantastic for
surfing the web. I initially didn't think I'd use it that much (I have
a laptop and I have an iphone, so why do I really need an ipad?.....but
I find myself turning on the laptop less and less)

--
garym

Location 1: Vortexbox Appliance 6TB (1.10) > SbS 7.6.2 > Transporter,
Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
Location 2: Win7(64) laptop > SbS 7.6.2 > Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio and laptop)
Retired: SB3, Duet Receiver
Controlled at both locations with: iPhone (iPeng), iPad (iPengHD &
SqueezePad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.6 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Additional Tagging - mp3tag