The Duet was purchased to be pretty much the centre of my musical
universe at home (300GB library, 30000+ tracks), along with Booms in
bedroom & kitchen.

And it pretty much still is - I love it.

Most of my music Lame VBR preset extreme encoded (average bitrate 256)
mp3, so I probably wouldn't be regarded as an "audiophile" - but it all
sounds great to me through my hifi & big Cerwin-Vega AT-60s !

Duet has been very reliable, although probably not as solid as the
Booms (this may be something to with the fact my Booms are always on or
in standyby whereas the Duet is shutdown & unplugged every night.

Definitely not a "mistake" as far as I'm concerned. But others here
clearly don't share my view !

--
swayzak