I believe Squeezepad has been updated... at least here in the States,
it's showing version 1.9.4 with retina display support, updated
yesterday 3/26/12.

And I'll add, now that I've also purchased iPeng (I bought SqueezePad
over a year ago), that to me at least, iPeng's visual quality in list
view whoops even the new version of SqueezePad. Grid view looks nothing
short of spectacular. And now I definitely see that I need to update
some of my album artwork, as some of it just isn't up to par for either
app's full-screen view. But the smaller thumbnails look just awesome in
iPeng.

The only thing I don't like about BOTH apps is that I can't customize
that Home menu.

Some notes about iPeng on my new iPad...
- Lyrics don't seem to load. It just sits at "Searching for Lyrics..."
even after changing songs
- The up/down arrow buttons on the MultiPlayer control (to
expand/reduce the music source category) are considerably lower
resolution than the right-arrow buttons.

Both minor things in the grand scheme of things... if I find anything
else, I'll be sure to let you know.

--
virgiliomi

squeezebox devices: boom, duet, and radio
dlna devices: sony bravia tv, wmp11 on win7
lms 7.7.2 beta running on a readynas ultra 2 plus