My 2 cents: I stopped using iPeng a few months ago. I didn't even
install it on my new iPad 3. Why? Because in my personal opinion it
gets more and more extra's I don't want/need/use. I only want a program
to control my players. This was iPeng's functionality on it's original
release. For my taste it is getting pretty close to the edge of
"bloatware". But as it's creator Pippin has the right to change his app
as he sees fit.
I much prefer the simplicity of Squeezepad and that is the app I
recommend to friends when they ask me for my opinion.

--
Hofstede