ko...@sietsma.com wrote:

> On a (to me at least!) slightly positive note - I picked up a set of
> Logitech speakers for my PC today, I got some that have optional coax
> inputs - and I note that all over the documentation it pushes the
> Squeezebox, with lines like "to use the RCA inputs ... plug your
> Logitech
> Squeezebox, DVD player, or game console into the RCA jacks".

Another good sign is that even if they are cutting other parts of the
organization, they still seem to hire people to specifically work with
Squeezeboxes:
http://hire.jobvite.com/CompanyJobs/Careers.aspx?c=qgX9Vfw1&v=1&page=Job%20Description&j=oRydWfwi
http://hire.jobvite.com/CompanyJobs/Careers.aspx?c=qgX9Vfw1&v=1&page=Job%20Description&j=oZPjWfwN

Future will tell what's going to happen, but it's nice to know that the
oldest Squeezebox (Classic) I've had for over 6 years are still going to
continue working great for local music and for streaming services
through third party plugins for many more years, independent of what
actions Logitech takes. I can honestly say that the number of hardware
devices which are used on daily basis that survives 6 years in my home
are fairly limited, the Sherwood amplifier still beats the Squeezebox
but most other newer devices have already been replaced.

Is anyone sure anything from Apple (except for computers) which you
purchase today is going to be useful 2018 ?
I think my iPod Touch 1G was purchased 2007 and it became more or less
useless about 2-3 years later, theoretically it still works but in
practice most new apps requires newer iOS versions than the iPod Touch
1G supports.